Botanical Name: Brassica oleracea L. convar. Botrylis (L) Alef var. cymosa Duch.
SPANISH: Broculi ENGLISH: Broccoli FRENCH: Broccoli a jets DUTCH: Broccoli PORTUGUESE: Cauve broculo GERMAN: Brokkoli ITALIAN: Cavalo broccoli
Annual herbaceous plant with short, erect stem, culminating in inflorescence, with lateral leaves and flowers. Elongated, wavy leaves, some of them lobed at the base of the petiole, with a dark green blade and white fleshy central nerve. At the ends of the main and lateral stems, a mass of hypertrophied, greyish-green or slightly purple flower buds develops. This is the usable part of the plant.
- Number of Seeds per Gram: 250-300
- Useful Plants per 10 gr. of Seed: 1200-1500
- Sowing spacing between rows: 60-80 cm
- Sowing spacing between plants: 30-60 cm
- Seeds per Stroke: 1-3,4-5 gr./m2
- Planting Depth: 0.5-1 cm
- Germination Power: 4 years
- Growing Cycle: 4-5 months
- Kilograms per Seed per Hectare: 0.5-1, 0.25-0.3